Thursday, March 29, 2012

In ONE Year

Inspired by Caitlin's blog, Blah Blah Blah. So much happens in a year, especially in this stage of my life, so why don't we take a looksies into my crystal ball, hmmmmmm?...

in one year I'll be:
outgrown by yet another roommate who is in wedded bliss.
freaking out about graduating.
a "usual" at salsa club.
either extremely happy about getting into medical school on the (pick any one) coast or really excited about serving a mission. All you sister missionary haters can (inject mean things) because all my friends and I will be/are bombing sister missionaries.
dreaming about moving to Portland or Texas or D.C. or San Diego.
a triathlete BABE.
probs single again. AND LOVING IT. Confession: the other day I tallied up all my married/engaged/soon-to-be-one-of-those friends and felt this overwhelming sense of gratitude that I was not among their ranks. Praise Allah!
sooooooo overwhelmingly broke.
again avoiding all those people from freshman year who are now back from their missions. shudder.
a spoken word performer.
one of those rad people who can quote scriptures word for word from off the top of their head. So the thing is I'm soooooo not a memorizer. But I am a believer.
STILL thinking about the Hunger Games. This will never change. ever.

one year ago I was:
thinking I was maybe going to Med school, then it was Occupational Therapy school, then it was Physical Therapy school, and then it was Physician's Assistant school. Now we're back. Life is funny circles like that sometimes.
wishing I knew how to dance.
applying to the Jerusalem Center.
bemoaning my lack of dates but still liking being single. OH HOW THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED.
helping Sandra readjust to dating after her mission. hahaha
freaking out that I had no hobbies other than school. I fixed this. Don't worry.
head over heals for jimmer and justin beiber.

If you had asked me a year ago where I thought I would be now, I could NEVER have guessed all that would happen. Jerusalem, continued blog writing, first biathlon, numerous blind dates, Hunger Games, caregiving, photography, DanceSport, med school prep... I planned some of it. But most of it just happened. Life is better that way, I've realized.

2 comments:

  1. You go Whit. I'm glad your getting into triathlon training and all that fun! And Your life is so awesome. You are accomplished and motivated so you can go anywhere do anything you wanna do. In the words of the Beatles "There's nothing you can do that can't be done." I'm excited for your future. If you went on a mission I would be really jealous that you're already old enough to put in your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so many things..
    amazing post!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete