Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy Dearest


How do I write a fitting tribute to the woman who made all that I am?

Mom, thank you for sacrificing the things of the world for me. Thank you for teaching me to love God more than myself. Thank you for always thinking I am hilarious. No one else laughs as sincerely as you at my humor. Thank you for never caring whether I was embarrassed by your antics. Talking about Jared's butt no longer phases me. Thank you for teaching me to work hard and play hard. Thank you for never letting me settle for second best. That was hard lesson to learn. Thank you for showing me how to be brave. Thank you for teaching me charity by example. No one else loves old people like you do. Thank you for teaching me how to be like Christ. Once when I felt lonely you said, "Whitney, you need to stop worrying about whether you have any friends and start worrying about who you are being a friend to." I've carried that advice in my heart and it has changed the way I look at people. Most of all thank you Mom for always loving me.

Mommy, I love you so much. You are my best friend. I miss you when I'm away. No one is better at rubbing my back when I am crying or giving me advice when I am lost. There is no one else who gets me like you do.

Ok now that I've cried a Lake Erie into my lap I need to go do some flood control. I love you Mommy.

Love your Favorite Daughter :)

1 comment: