Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Anti-Joke

Well this seems legit.

So a guys walks into a doctor’s office and says,” Doctor, it hurts when I poke my kness like this.” And the doctor says, “Yes, you’ve shattered both your kneecaps. You’ll never walk again”

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I have a gun
Get in the van

A horse walks into a bar. Several people left as they spotted the potential danger of the situation.

I don’t know why but these are sooooo funny to me right now. Alexa has been coming up with new ones every five minutes and I can’t. stop. laughing. Don’t know what an anti-joke is? Well friends, lemme es’plain. According to anti-joke.com, an anti joke ‘is a type of comedy in which the joke is set up to expect a typical joke setup however the joke ends with such anticlimax that it becomes funny in its own right. The lack of punchline is the punchline.’

The anti joke you are probably familiar with follows along these lines:
What is green and has wheels? Grass, I lied about the wheels.

But that’s not funny at all, unlike this more controversial model:
What’s worse than finding half of a worm in your apple? The Holocaust.

Funny and yet still not funny. Does anyone else think anti jokes are funny? Maybe I can win you over with a few more? (read aloud)

Why did the boy drop his ice cream? Because he was hit by a bus.

What’s the difference between a duck and a bicycle? The bicycle has handle bars.

What did the lawyer say to the other lawyer? We are both lawyers.

Still not funny? Okay well just try it out on a relative and maybe it will suddenly be hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. This is way funny, Whit. Here's another one for your fellow fans...

    Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    You are as Fun
    As a Park

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing SO HARD. We are both lawyers. pahhh

    I have a gun. Get in the van. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete