Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Moabites

Is there really any other way to celebrate President's weekend than to climb all over Arches National Park? Yes. But obviously this was a bajillion times more awesome. Arches/Moab/Southern Utah is gorgeous. When we arrived at our campsite it was already dark out so I had to wait until morning to witness the incredible landscape but when I did my mind was sufficiently blown. New fav place? I think yes.



If these sunny pictures fooled you into thinking it was warm outside, lemme tell you, the only thing keeping me warm was the 7 mile loop we did through the Devil's Garden and warming my socks over the fire. The best part of the weekend, however, were the people. I have such funny, talented, interesting, awesome, entertaining friends. Chris even let me use his machete to chop firewood. If that isn't friendship, I don't know what is.

We thought about setting this up, but had to cut our weekend a little short due to an impending storm. Next time: arching swinging.



All photos are courtesy of Chris Maybe, photographer extraordinaire, blog found here.

1 comment: