Thursday, January 27, 2011

YOU GOT JIMMERED

A journal entry:

I forgot to write in my journal yesterday. Baaaaad, baaaaaaad me L. But essentially I spent my Wednesday waiting for the GAME OF THE CENTURY to start. First an hour in line outside the basketball arena and then another two hours before the game BUT EVERY MOMENT WAS SOOOOO WORTH IT. And all things considered I really got the best seats for the least amount of work.

This game authorities required that you have got a wristband the day before and, instead of waiting in line for three hours for said wristband, I came three minutes before they stopped handing them out and was number 3871 in line as opposed to Sterling Williams and Greg Pagel, who waited the three hours and were number 700 something in line. But guess who we snuck in with? That’s right, Amelia and I just jumped right into line with Greg and Sterling and strutted into the Marriot Center like we had no manners.

So game of the century you ask? BYU ranked 9th. SDSU ranked 3rd. Jimmer scored 43 points. Cougars had NINE, count them, NINE steals. BYU 71, SDSU 58. The first three quarters of the game were nail-biting close but somewhere in the second half SDSU lost it and couldn’t get it back. It was probably the Jimmer Shimmer, or perhaps the Fredette Roulette. In other words I CAN NOT STOP TALKING ABOUT JIMMER FREDETTE. Afterward BYU fans stormed the court but I just sat there like a grinning idiot. Great game, boys.



1 comment:

  1. Jimmer Shimmer. hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahhahahahhahahahahahhaahahhaha.
    yes i might have just laughed out loud in the library. :)

    ReplyDelete