Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why isn't love more public?

My Organic Chemistry TA came back from the three-day weekend MARRIED. I could have cried. I mean you think an engagement would merit an announcement or something.

This means that out of my 6 or so TAs only ONE is not married and she's a girl! I know what you're thinking to yourself...how could this happen to such a nice and lovable girl like me??? The truth is I don't understand it either. Amelia says: "Whitney, you don't have to always date your TAs..." Yeah I get that, but if I had a choice between dating and not dating my TAs I would OBVIOUSLY choose to date them. And don't try to twist this into something it is not. I'm not going for some sort of grade boost, just for love. There is some sort of inexplicable attractive aura to a man of authority and knowledge.

But anyway, that's hardly my point. The point is: why don't men wear engagement rings?!

I considered putting up a picture of them together but decided
that was definitely crossing the line into creephood. So enjoy this
ladybug instead.

4 comments:

  1. this makes me laugh. :) you're funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if the last question was rhetorical or not, but I'll answer anyway. Men who wear wedding rings are more attractive. Women are more likely to find value in someone if someone else has already validated it. This works with a pair of shoes, a great place to eat, or a potential mate. Engaged men don't wear rings to protect themselves. Single men sometimes wear rings to promote themselves. Haven't you seen the movie www.justgowithit-movie.com?

    ReplyDelete