Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Saturday Stroll

So we have Sabbath on Saturday. I know...it throws my whole week off. In writing this blog I had to correct my use of Sunday three times. In any case, what I meant to say is Saturday is our Sabbath but after a whole week of classes no one wants to stay in the center all day, so we usually take a little Saturday stroll to one of my two favorite places. Plus the no-lunch-on-Sabbath policy is a little extra incentive to get out and forget my ravenous stomach. Saturdays are hard for me guys.

Number one is...the garden tomb! Though this might not be anywhere near where gur Good Lord was buried it's just such a beautiful spot to sit and think about the Atonement and Resurrection.

"He is not here for he is risen" - written on the door of the tomb.
Sometimes it's good to switch it up though so my other fav haunt is the Garden of Gethsemane. The actual garden is all fenced off and tourist-y and there is this huge church right in the middle of it. Lucky for us right across the street there is a smaller gated garden perfect for small groups trying to avoid tourists.

People sometimes put prayers into the olive trees. This isn't the Western Wall, people.

So recap: Garden Tomb or Garden of Gethsemane ere' Sabbath. NBD.

2 comments:

  1. Dang this is so cool! I'm freaking out at the awesome opportunity you're experiencing.

    ReplyDelete