Sunday, April 13, 2014

Life Update

We're pregnant! And by we, I mean me, although we've never really tried to get Carter pregnant. But that's another story for another day on Medical Mysteries. If truth be told, we weren't even trying in particular to get me pregnant but we are still so very happy about it! I'm even a little relieved. It's about time someone (God, the Fates, Karma, Carter's sperm, ect.) made some life-altering choices for me.


We'll be full-fledged parents around October 18th. I'm thirteen weeks along yesterday though I've only been growing this little human for about 11 or so weeks. Who knew that they date your baby from your last period? I guess that's when the follicle started maturing? #biologymajorproblems

In other news Carter is a smarty pants and scored an internship with the New York Federal Reserve this summer. So we'll be packing up and shipping out in June. I'm going to call it my doing-nothing-in-NYC vacation. I look forward to it as the last vacation where all I worry about is me. In the fall we'll return to Provo so I can push a baby out of my uterus and Carter can finish his last year at BYU. After that Carter has the option of returning to Manhattan to work for the New York Federal Reserve for two years or going to a graduate school.

Is it extremely lame of me that I don't want to live in New York, NY? I guess it all comes down to priorities and right now my priorities revolve around Caribbean vacations and home-ownership and backyards, all of which are not helped by living in New York on a pittance government salary. And if Carter takes the job and then goes to grad school we'll have an EIGHT-year-old by the time he actually graduates!

But if Carter goes straight to grad school in an affordable location, we might be able to buy a house/condo right now. And raise all our children in nice neighborhoods where they can walk themselves to school and play in playgrounds without rat infestations and enjoy water blobs in their own backyard. I mean. NYC is not the most kid-friendly.

The main argument for the NYC job is that Carter will have a regular 9-5 job and will be able to spend copious amount of time with our baby. So that's a plus.

So what would you do? Do you love NYC and think it's a great place for kids?

3 comments:

  1. BEST NEWS EVER!!! Oh my gosh I am so happy for you! Our babies are TOTALLY going to be friends ! AW! It is going to be SO cute! Sorry, my excitement is a little bit overwhelming right now. And NYC will be a blast (hopefully). We just went and it was infinitely less ghetto and sketchy than I expected. We saw tons of women rocking the strollers and moby wraps with their little bundles of joy. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one beautiful fetus! Aren't those two bonus weeks the best?? Did you know that in Japan women are pregnant for 10 months? (this is a trick fact that I recently learned and this was my first opportunity to share it in a somewhat relevant conversation)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to see this picture! See, I said you two would have the most adorable children ever. So cute. I am so excited for all your excitement!

    ReplyDelete